THE IDENTITY POST AND IDENTITY LAB CODE OF CONDUCT
Welcome to the Identity Post and the Identity Intelligence Lab – We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community that actively engages in exploring new analysis, thoughts and ideas related to PERSONAL, GROUP, WORKPLACE, COMMUNITY, NATIONAL AND GLOBAL IDENTITY THROUGH blog posts, news and resources. Please respect the following rules when writing your comments.
Respect Others – Be polite and professional to all the members of the Lab, including other commenters, authors and the subjects of POSTS. WE ARE HERE TO FRAME IDENTITY IN A NEW WAY TO RESPOND TO THE EMERGENCE OF A MORE FRAGMENTED AND POLARIZED SOCIETY.
Focus on Learning – Above all, we believe strongly that the IDENTITY POST and the Lab should be a welcoming space for all individuals, groups, and PERSPECTIVES. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, or negativity WILL be removed and you may lose your ability to comment.
Moderation – In order to provide a learning space for our members’ comments may be pre-moderated before posting to the site, but they will appear on your and your friend’s Facebook walls immediately. Your comment may be removed at any time if the Moderator feels it violates the Posting Guidelines or Code of Conduct.
LET’S GET STARTED:
COMMENTING & MODERATION POLICY
A: Community and Commenting Guiding Principles
·THE IDENTITY POST has a thriving user community and encourages commenting on BLOGS and blog posts. We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful, engaging and informative conversation. Towards that end, we have basic ground rules for commenting to maintain a civil atmosphere. These are supported by a moderating system that features a team of staff moderators. If you wish to participate in the community, we ask that you follow the ground rules below and the spirit of the community they seek to create.
· (I) If your comments make this community a less civil and enjoyable place to be, you and your comments may be excluded from it.
- ·THE IDENTITY POST promotes a receptive, transparent and civil atmosphere for comments and users. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to voice their opinion regardless of identity, politics, ideology, religion or agreement with other community members, the author of the post or staff members as long as those opinions are respectful and constructively add to the conversation. However, this community does not tolerate direct or indirect attacks, name-calling or insults, nor does it tolerate intentional attempts to derail, hijack, troll or bait others into an emotional response. We reserve the right to remove these types of comments where warranted. Individuals who consistently or intentionally post these types of comments may lose their ability to comment and, if we deem necessary, be permanently excluded from the community.
- (II) Comments may be pre-moderated.
- · To maintain a civil atmosphere, we reserve the right to have our moderation team read comments before they are displayed on the site. Review time can vary depending on the site-wide comment load, so please be patient — we will strive to get to all comments as quickly as possible. Please, do not resubmit the same comment or complain to the moderators assuming it has been deleted as that just adds needless comments to be processed.
- (III) Be yourself, only yourself, and just one of yourself.
- Every person’s opinion is valuable and unique. Pretending to be someone else removes that unique value from you or from others. Don’t misrepresent yourself or others, or spread misinformation. If you do, you will make the community a less enjoyable and valuable place to be and misrepresentation may be removed when we see it.
- (IV) Safe Space.
We strongly believe that the IDENTITY POST should be a LEARNING space for individuals, groups and PERSPECTIVES. As such, purposefully insulting and hostile language or personal threats are not welcome here. If you directly or indirectly threaten the physical or mental well being of a member of this community, or an individual or group, you may be removed immediately. If a credible threat is made against an individual or group, not only may it be removed but it is likely that it will be reported to law enforcement agencies and we will cooperate with them to any extent requested. Personally identifiable information should never be posted to THE IDENTITY POST comments section for the privacy and protection of all community members. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses. Any comments that contain this information may be deleted.